RULES & REGULATIONS
- Benches are the property of Hawkins Cemetery and are not to be moved. Please contact Hawkins Cemetery Association for specific requirements and approval to place a bench.
- Floral arrangements should be placed on or near the headstone to allow for leveling and to avoid mower damage.
- No glass, ceramic or other breakable containers, no glass beads, no candles or open flames, and no alcoholic beverages or containers are allowed in the cemetery. Be aware of fire danger when smoking.
- Kindly remove all fresh or silk flowers, wreaths, decorations, etc. from the grave when they become withered or unsightly. Take away any trash (water bottles, tissues, etc.) left in or near the area you visit.
- Remove any container that holds water to prevent mosquitoes and West Nile Virus.
- Please have your funeral director to identify the grave of your loved one with a temporary marker until a permanent stone marker is set.
- A concrete grave liner is required for all burials.
- Lettering on gravestones on the east side of the cemetery should face west, lettering on gravestones on the west side should face east.
- Scattering of cremation remains is not allowed in our cemetery.
- Green burials are not allowed in our cemetery.
Your cooperation in these matters is greatly appreciated. Thanks for helping us maintain our “little country cemetery”.